The main targets are:
- Elaborate a theoretical foundation for reconciling the three global processes: globalisation, development and sustainable development, bridging the scholarly debates from different disciplines
- Analyse how the global flows of financial capital, people, goods and ideas are promoted, restricted and regulated through a number of case studies assessing distinct policy areas (trade, agriculture and food, energy, transport, technology and innovation, and tourism)
- Identify the existing tensions in globalisation, recognising the trade-offs involved, and thus pointing to possible areas of reform in current policy practices and global institution
- Engage stakeholders from different sectors of EU and beyond in dialogues on concrete policy dilemmas.
- Disseminate knowledge (via a web-based interface, Target meetings, Policy briefs, Thematic workshops, etc.)